Вход на сайт

Просмотр новости

Найдите то, что Вас интересует

Eddie Hearn 'worried' about Ryan Garcia as he reveals Oscar De Lay Hoya and his parents will decide 'if he's ready' to face Devin Haney following concerning social media activity amid fears for the boxer's mental health

Дата публикации: 24-03-2024 10:26:30

Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn has expressed his concern over Ryan Garcia's recent behaviour outside of the ring. 

Основное содержимое страницы с новостью.

Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn has expressed his concern over Ryan Garcia's recent behaviour outside of the ring. 

Eddie Hearn urged Garcia's trainer, Oscar De La Hoya, and parents to assess his readiness for the scheduled fight on April 20th.

The concern comes from the potential impact on Devin Haney, the WBC light welterweight champion, who has been preparing for the upcoming bout. 

Hearn has since expressed his concerns after Garcia has engaged in several social media rants online, including claims that he was raped by a family member. 

Garcia recently announced that he will interview a Nickelodeon child star next week amid the allegations of a toxic environment at the network.  

Ryan Garcia has been involved in a number of concerning social media outbursts, with fears growing for the boxer's mental health

Eddie Hearn has said the boxer's behaviour outside of the ring is 'concerning'

Many are calling for Ryan Garcia to be pulled out of the fight vs Devin Haney amid fears over his mental health

But Garcia's trainer, Oscar De La Hoya confirmed last week that he is in training camp and the fight is still on

Garcia cried on an online video as he claimed forces are trying to cancel his fight with Haney

Speaking to iFL TV, Hearn said: 'I saw Ryan Garcia doing his sprints this morning and his sparring. We only see what's posted on social media.

'Is his behaviour concerning? Probably yes, but how is he looking in the gym? Derrick James is a very respectful trainer. I don't believe he would let Ryan Garcia go into a fight if he wasn't 100%' Hearn added. 

Haney - the WBC light welterweight champion has taken a risk on Garcia as an opponent, as the troubled fighter is set to make him a significant amount of money, though the concern for Garcia could have been avoided with a different opponent.

Hearn continued: 'Oscar De La Hoya shouldn't be letting Ryan Garcia go into this fight if he's not 100% physically and mentally.

'The family shouldn't. So, you've got to trust the people around him to make the right decision. The fact that he's still in the fight with four weeks' to go, you've probably got to think he's going to be in the fight. 

'I don't think Devin is overly happy. Devin is training. I said to him the other night, 'You just got to do what you do.' he said to iFL TV. 

De La Hoya has insisted that Garcia must 'stay focused' to achieve greatness, but the  now rings even truer given the events of the past 18 days - when the American has sparked major concerns over his mental health with a series of bizarre outbursts online.

Garcia was handed his first professional defeat almost a year ago against Gervonta Davis

After first sharing a disturbing, cryptic video which claimed he was dead, Garcia has since embarked on several worrying rants that have included; 

  • Allegations that he was raped by a family member at the age of two
  • Frequent satanic references
  • The religious ritual of speaking in tongues
  • Predictions of an earthquake 'destroying' Hollywood and Las Vegas
  • Unproven claims that he witnessed child rape after being kidnapped and tied up in the woods by 'the elites'
  • Unproven claims that he has proof of UFOs existing
  • Threats to bite Haney's ears in their fight on April 20

Describing Haney as the 'ultimate professional', Hearn suggested that the decision could backfire if Garcia requires withdrawal from the fight for mental health reasons.

'If he gets pulled now between now and the fight, he should have been pulled four weeks ago.' Hearn said, adding that: 'He's got some good people around him that know the sport. 

'Let's hope they make the right decision, and if the right decision is for him to fight, fantastic.'

Схожие новости

#Наименование новостиТональностьИнформативностьДата публикации
1Ryan Garcia threatens to SUE athletic commission in disturbing video after being asked to take a mental health test... but promoter Oscar De La Hoya insists he is ready for Devin Haney06.6717-03-2024
2Ryan Garcia slams 'dumb f***' Eddie Hearn as he brands the Matchroom boss 'FAKE' and accuses him of 'turning his back' on Devin Haney following their fight in April09.5330-09-2024
3Ryan Garcia is fine, despite worrying social media posts about 'demons' and 'UFOs', says Oscar De La Hoya ahead of next month's fight with Devin Hanley: 'We Facetimed - he looks good'08.7108-03-2024
4Ryan Garcia breaks down in tears and claims forces tried to 'cancel his fight' against Devin Haney as troubled boxer's outbursts continue in video: 'Everybody tried to break me down'06.1419-03-2024
5Ryan Garcia goes on another bizarre Twitter rant about 'working for the enemy' and 'getting closer to your final destination'... five days after promising to only speak boxing while training for Devin Haney fight010.3912-03-2024
6Oscar De La Hoya urged Ryan Garcia to 'stay focused' heading into his world-title fight against Devin Haney... now the Golden Boy chief's cautionary advice holds even more weight after his disturbing online rants09.0121-03-2024
7Ryan Garcia insists fight against Devin Haney next month is still ON despite worrying posts from troubled boxer's socials over past week... as he claims 'his people' tried to force him into a mental institute09.0107-03-2024
8Ryan Garcia posts chilling final tweet before vow of silence until after his Devin Haney fight in New York tonight - following months of erratic and disturbing behavior06.4520-04-2024
9Footage emerges of Eddie Hearn's heated backstage altercation with Ryan Garcia's dad after Devin Haney fight as the pair exchange insults before bizarrely shaking hands just seconds later05.7821-04-2024
10Troubled boxer Ryan Garcia's social media accounts are DEACTIVATED after he posts video of himself crying over Israeli-Palestinian conflict ahead of his April 20 bout with Devin Haney011.3625-03-2024

Классификация: Спорт. Схожих патентов: 0. Схожих новостей: 10. Тональность: 0. Информативность: 8.23. Источник: www.dailymail.co.uk.