Вход на сайт

Просмотр новости

Найдите то, что Вас интересует

US issues new Houthi-related sanctions

Дата публикации: 05-03-2025 16:36:12

WASHINGTON — The United States imposed sanctions on Wednesday on seven senior members of Yemen’s Iran-aligned Houthi movement, the Treasury Department said.
The men smuggled military-grade items and weapon systems into Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen and negotiated buying weapons from Russia, the Treasury Department said in a statement.
It also designated Abdulwali Abdoh Hasan Al-Jabri and his company Al-Jabri General Trading and Investment Company for recruiting Yemenis to fight in Ukraine on behalf of Russia and raising money to support Houthi military operations.
“The U.S. government is committed to holding the Houthis accountable for acquiring weapons and weapons components from suppliers in Russia, China and Iran to threaten Red Sea security,” State Department spokesperson Tammy Bruce said in a statement.
On Tuesday, the State Department said it was implementing the designation of the Houthi movement as a “foreign terrorist organization” after President Donald Trump called for the move earlier this year.
The move, however, triggered concerns it could affect regional security and worsen Yemen's humanitarian crisis because importers fear being hit with U.S. sanctions if supplies fall into Houthi hands.


Основное содержимое страницы с новостью.

WASHINGTON — 

The United States imposed sanctions on Wednesday on seven senior members of Yemen’s Iran-aligned Houthi movement, the Treasury Department said.

The men smuggled military-grade items and weapon systems into Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen and negotiated buying weapons from Russia, the Treasury Department said in a statement.

It also designated Abdulwali Abdoh Hasan Al-Jabri and his company Al-Jabri General Trading and Investment Company for recruiting Yemenis to fight in Ukraine on behalf of Russia and raising money to support Houthi military operations.

“The U.S. government is committed to holding the Houthis accountable for acquiring weapons and weapons components from suppliers in Russia, China and Iran to threaten Red Sea security,” State Department spokesperson Tammy Bruce said in a statement.

On Tuesday, the State Department said it was implementing the designation of the Houthi movement as a “foreign terrorist organization” after President Donald Trump called for the move earlier this year.

The move, however, triggered concerns it could affect regional security and worsen Yemen's humanitarian crisis because importers fear being hit with U.S. sanctions if supplies fall into Houthi hands.

This item is part of

Схожие новости

#Наименование новостиТональностьИнформативностьДата публикации
1Trump administration again labels Houthis 'terrorist organization'07.2704-03-2025
2США ввели дополнительные санкции против движения "Хезболлах"0026-10-2018
3Yemen’s Houthis launch major attacks on Saudi-backed forces (VIDEOS)020.307-08-2026
4Did Germany’s corrupt aid agency fund the Houthis?-2724-06-2026
5США ввели санкции в отношении семи физлиц и одной организации, связанных с "Хезболлах"0029-09-2021
6Houthi threats in Red Sea risk new front in US-Iran war08.8922-07-2026
7Iran-backed Houthis fire missiles at Saudi Arabia in response to airstrikes in Yemen07.2726-07-2026
8США ввели санкции против уроженцев Ирака, Сирии и Кувейта за связи с КСИР и "Хезболлах"0013-11-2018
9США ввели санкции против международной террористической организации0007-03-2022
10Houthis Strike Three Saudi Tankers in Two Days - Report05.5527-07-2026

Классификация: Международные. Схожих патентов: 0. Схожих новостей: 10. Тональность: 0. Информативность: 9.91. Источник: www.voanews.com.