Вход на сайт

Просмотр новости

Найдите то, что Вас интересует

UPDATE: Investigation into suspected threat to event in Suffolk

Дата публикации: 18-07-2026 18:45:00

Seven men [A, B, C, D, F, G, H] were released from custody without charge.

Основное содержимое страницы с новостью.

Counter Terrorism Policing (CTP) previously opened an investigation into a suspected threat against the UK Ijtima event held at Shrubland Hall, Suffolk from 9-12 July.

Twelve people [A-L] were arrested in connection with the investigation on Sunday 12 and Monday 13 July. Four people [I-L] were previously released on bail pending further enquiries. Eight others [A-H] were detained by police under section 41 of the Terrorism Act, meaning they could be detained up to seven days from their arrest.

A thirteenth man [M] was arrested on Thursday, 16 July on suspicion of an offence under section 5 of the Terrorism Act, 2006.

Officers from CTP London have been carrying out extensive enquiries over the past few days, which has included searching several residential addresses and vehicles, and they have seized more than 35 digital devices.

On Saturday, 18 July seven men [A, B, C, D, F, G, H] were released from custody without charge. Another man [M] has been released on bail with strict conditions pending further enquiries.

Following the recovery of certain items during searches carried out as part of the investigation, a 42-year-old man [E] has been charged with two offences linked to possession of offensive weapons – namely extendable batons – as well as possession of a stun gun. He has been remanded in custody to appear at Reading Magistrates’ Court on Monday, 20 July.

It is important to note that the items and the offences he has been charged with are not believed to be connected to the alleged threat being investigated.

Commander Helen Flanagan, Head of CTP London said: “This has been a fast-moving investigation after we became aware of information to indicate there was a potential threat towards the Islamic event over the course of last weekend.

Since then, we have made extensive enquiries, but at this time, we have found no evidence to support anyone being charged with any offences linked to the alleged threat.

“While I know this may still be very concerning to the public and particularly to those in the Muslim community, I want to reassure them that our enquiries are ongoing. Should we identify any potential offences or threats to the public then we will not hesitate to take further action.

“I want to reiterate my thanks to the event organisers and to the local community in the area for their continued support and understanding as our investigation continues.”

Anyone with concerns can report it via www.gov.uk/ACT or call police, in confidence, on 0800 789 321. In an emergency, always dial 999.

The investigation is being led by officers from CTP London, with support from colleagues in the Eastern Region Special Operational Unit (ERSOU), CTP North West and CTP South East. The investigation team also remains in close contact with colleagues in Suffolk Constabulary.

Detective Chief Superintendent Paul Wells, from Suffolk Constabulary said: “We’ve had a visible and active police presence in the community around Shrubland Hall during the week.

“I repeat our earlier message of gratitude for the patience, support and understanding shown by local residents and others, during last weekend and since. We will continue to support our Counter Terrorism Policing colleagues with this live investigation as required.”

Схожие новости

#Наименование новостиТональностьИнформативностьДата публикации
1Полиция отпустила еще двух задержанных в рамках расследования нападения в Страсбурге0016-12-2018
2AFP: задержанные в Страсбурге выходцы из России освобождены0028-05-2021
3В Подмосковье задержали семерых членов банды, промышлявшей мошенничеством на дорогах0010-06-2020
4Четырех членов семьи устроившего стрельбу в Страсбурге отпустили на свободу0015-12-2018
5В Британии освободили четырех иранцев, задержанных в рамках борьбы с терроризмом0017-05-2025
6ФСБ задержала в Крыму восемь подозреваемых в участии в террористической организации0010-06-2019
7СМИ: трое задержанных в рамках расследования теракта в Ницце отпущены на свободу0001-11-2020
8В Петербурге задержали шестерых человек, устроивших стрельбу в Выборгском районе0022-11-2020
9СК проводит проверку после нападения устроивших стрельбу мужчин на полицейского в Чехове0028-05-2020
10Drapsforsøk i Tønsberg: Tre menn fremstilles for fengsling lørdag04.914-08-2026

Классификация: Происшествия. Схожих патентов: 0. Схожих новостей: 10. Тональность: 0. Информативность: 5. Источник: news.met.police.uk.