Вход на сайт

Просмотр новости

Найдите то, что Вас интересует

US military unleashes ‘powerful strikes’ on Iran to impose ‘heavy costs’ for cease-fire violation

Дата публикации: 07-07-2026 21:31:32

The US military launched “powerful strikes” against Iran on Tuesday in response to Tehran’s attacks on three commercial ships near the Strait of Hormuz in the past 24 hours.

Основное содержимое страницы с новостью.

The US military launched “powerful strikes” against Iran on Tuesday in response to Tehran’s attacks on three commercial ships near the Strait of Hormuz in the past 24 hours, which American officials view as violations of the US-Iran memorandum of understanding.

“US Central Command forces have begun launching a series of powerful strikes against Iran to impose heavy costs for targeting and attacking commercial shipping crewed by innocent civilians in an international waterway,” the combatant command said in a statement.

“The US strikes are in response to Iranian attacks on three commercial vessels that were transiting the Strait of Hormuz. Iran’s demonstrated aggression was unwarranted, dangerous, and a clear violation of the ceasefire,” it added.

USS Thomas Hudner (DDG 116) fires a Tomahawk missile during Operation Epic Fury.The US military launched “powerful strikes” against Iran on Tuesday in response to Tehran’s attacks on three commercial ships near the Strait of Hormuz in the past 24 hours. U.S. Central Command Public Affairs

An Iranian state-run media outlet reported several explosions being heard near the coastal city of Sirik and on the island of Qeshm in southern Iran, according to Al Jazeera. 


Follow The Post’s live coverage of President Trump and national politics for the latest news and analysis


US forces struck Iranian air defense systems, command and control networks, coastal radar sites, anti-ship missile capabilities and more than 60 Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps boats “in and near the strait to degrade Iran’s ability to continue attacking international commerce flowing through the international trade corridor,” according to CENTCOM. 

In total, more than 80 targets were hit with precision munitions, the combatant command said. 

The last round of US military strikes in Iran took place late last month, in response to the regime’s drone attack against a cargo ship in the Strait of Hormuz.

Iranian drone storage facilities and coastal radar sites were hit by US warplanes in the June 26 airstrikes.

Tuesday’s airstrikes were described by a US official as “four or five times bigger in scope and power” than last month’s, according to Axios. 

“This response is a direct result of the acts of international terrorism that have been perpetrated by Iran on innocent ships transiting the Strait of Hormuz,” a US official told The Post. 


Follow The Post’s coverage of the war in Iran:

“The Iranians know the consequences to their ridiculous actions, yet they still chose to carry out these attacks,” the official added.

CENTCOM’s latest announcement came shortly after the US revoked a waiver of Iranian oil sanctions, which Tehran won as part of the MOU.

For its part, the Iranian regime had pledged to reopen the Strait of Hormuz and stop attacking ships transiting the key waterway, which it has not done.  

Iran fired on a Qatar-flagged tanker on Tuesday after attacking two tankers from the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia on Monday night.

Each caused damage, with the projectiles sparking fires onboard.

Start your day with all you need to know

Morning Report delivers the latest news, videos, photos and more.

Thanks for signing up!

“Iran’s actions in the Strait were wholly unacceptable to the United States and will be met with consequences,” a US official told The Post. 

US negotiators, however, “continue to work in good faith towards a final deal,” the official noted. 

The US strikes come as President Trump attends a NATO summit in Turkey, where he praised the Turks for assisting with the Iran conflict while condemning the leaders of the UK, Italy, Germany and France for refusing base access to attack Iran and balking at helping reopen the Strait of Hormuz.

Trump reportedly approved the strike plan and ordered it during a meeting with War Secretary Pete Hegseth, Secretary of State Marco Rubio, Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Dan Caine in Ankara, according to Axios. 

Kazem Gharibabadi, Iran’s deputy minister of foreign affairs, described the US response to the tanker attacks as a “serious violation” of the memorandum of understanding signed in Pakistan. 

“Iran, while issuing a serious warning regarding the consequences of America’s breach of the agreement, will take decisive actions to safeguard its national interests and security,” Gharibabadi warned in a statement posted on social media.

CENTCOM said its “forces remain postured and prepared to hold Iran accountable when the agreement is not adhered to or obeyed.”

Схожие новости

#Наименование новостиТональностьИнформативностьДата публикации
1US military strikes Iran after Tehran hits 3 tankers in Strait of Hormuz-5707-07-2026
2US military strikes Iran after Tehran hits 3 tankers in Strait of Hormuz-2807-07-2026
3US military strikes Iran after Tehran hits 3 tankers in Strait of Hormuz-5707-07-2026
4US military strikes Iran after Tehran hits 3 tankers in Strait of Hormuz-5807-07-2026
5US military strikes Iran after Tehran hits 3 tankers in Strait of Hormuz-2807-07-2026
6US military strikes Iran after Tehran hits 3 tankers in Strait of Hormuz-5707-07-2026
7US military strikes Iran after Tehran hits 3 tankers in Strait of Hormuz-2707-07-2026
8US military strikes Iran after Tehran hits 3 tankers in Strait of Hormuz-2807-07-2026
9US military strikes Iran after Tehran hits 3 tankers in Strait of Hormuz-2707-07-2026
10Iran moves to block US, Israeli shipments from Strait of Hormuz012.5707-08-2026

Классификация: Международные. Схожих патентов: 0. Схожих новостей: 10. Тональность: -5. Информативность: 7. Источник: nypost.com.