Вход на сайт

Просмотр новости

Найдите то, что Вас интересует

Aussie F1 star Jack Doohan issues frosty response to speculation over his seat with Alpine - as team's bosses awkwardly shut down questions over Franco Colapinto's arrival

Дата публикации: 18-02-2025 16:55:16

The 22-year-old Aussie was pressed on the arrival of Franco Colapinto, who was signed to the Oxfordshire-based racing team as a reserve driver in January.

Основное содержимое страницы с новостью.

Tensions rose during the Alpine press conference at the F1 75 season launch event on Tuesday as Aussie Formula One star Jack Doohan fielded questions over his place as one of the team's lead drivers.

The 22-year-old Aussie was pressed on the arrival of Franco Colapinto, who was signed to the Oxfordshire-based racing team as a reserve driver in January. 

But the Queensland-born racing driver insisted that he did not feel 'undermined' by the arrival of the Argentinian from Williams, with an Alpine press officer awkwardly proceeding to shut down questions on the matter. 

'I've been told he's a reserve driver,' Doohan said during a press conference at the O2 Arena in London on Tuesday while sat alongside Pierre Gasly.

The decision to sign Colapinto has sparked some questions over the 22-year-old's future at the team. The team's advisor Flavio Briatore has also added to the speculation, claiming that Doohan would start the season alongside Gasly, with the team set to make a decision on their drivers later down the line.

'I think regardless, you're one of 20 Formula 1 drivers in the world – and I know when I was in a go-kart, Formula 3, Formula 2, I would do anything to be in Formula 1 and sacrifice everything,' Doohan added.

Aussie F1 star Jack Doohan fielded questions over the security of his seat on Tuesday 

Doohan (left) and Pierre Gasly (right) appeared for a press event at the F1 75 Live event for the launch of the 2025 season

Speculation has revolved around Doohan's position at Alpine following the arrival of reserve driver Franco Colapinto (pictured)

'So I don't think necessarily that someone inside the team, outside the team, you know, anyone that's performing well, you're always going to have pressure on your shoulders, because you're in such a cut-throat sport.

'But whatever pressure there may be, I look forward to enjoying that, embracing it, and just enjoying my Formula 1 season.'

The Australian, who has featured in just one race under his belt, finishing 15th in Abu Dhabi at the end of last season.

Doohan was again pressed on the matter, with one reporter asked whether he felt the arrival of Colapinto had undermined his place in the team.

The Queenslander issued a blunt response: 'Is that a question?'

'I was a 21-year-old reserve driver last year with a long-term contract, but no I don't [feel undermined]. Maybe I should, I don't know. I don't really understand how that's a question, but definitely not.'

The noise grew inside the auditorium as Doohan attempted to answer the first two questions, with Alpine bosses being forced to step in to prevent a third question on the subject from being asked.

Doohan issued a frosty response to the line of questioning, insisting to reporters that he was not feeling undermined by Colapinto's arrival

Doohan has jsut one F1 race under his belt after he debuted at last year's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

The team's press officer subsequently announced that the 22-year-old Queenslander would not be fielding any more questions on the subject.

'No more questions about Colapinto.

'I think that’s enough, we have three about Franco'

Colapinto featured in nine races in 2024 for Williams, earning his side five points, with his highest finish (8th) coming in Azerbaijan in September.

Doohan, though, is excited for the commencement of the 2025 Formula One season and will kick start his season on home soil at the Melbourne Grand Prix in March.

Speaking on the launch event he added: 'I think it's super cool. I haven't been a part of a launch yet, let's say, as a driver. So it's the first time for me on any launch, probably in the driving seat, but I think it's amazing.'

Схожие новости

#Наименование новостиТональностьИнформативностьДата публикации
1Why Aussie F1 star Jack Doohan is already in danger of losing his job after just ONE race for his team - as he cops abuse from fans before Melbourne Grand Prix05.8112-03-2025
2Aussie motor sport legend Mick Doohan tries to stick up for his son Jack after his F1 sacking - but it backfires badly04.9209-05-2025
3Fahrer-Rauswurf in der Formel 1?0525-06-2026
4Esteban Ocon faces the AXE from Formula One after being ditched by his team Alpine just a week on from crashing into his own team-mate on first lap of the Monaco Grand Prix07.2203-06-2024
5«Альпин» подготовила контракт для Колaпинто, но Бриаторе наблюдает за рынком — источник08.914-08-2026
6Oscar Piastri left frustrated after dramatic end to qualifying at Austrian Grand Prix: 'F*** me'05.5328-06-2025
7What exactly was behind Franco Colapinto's Miami breakthrough at Alpine?06.9414-08-2026
8Furious Oscar Piastri launches into F-bomb outburst and narrowly avoids disaster at the Austrian Grand Prix014.8329-06-2025
9Pēc Kolapinto piešķirtā soda izmaiņas Barselonas GP rezultātos0516-06-2026
10"We need to put a limit on it" – Franco Colapinto opens up about online abuse in F107.1118-08-2026

Классификация: Спорт. Схожих патентов: 0. Схожих новостей: 10. Тональность: 0. Информативность: 8.43. Источник: www.dailymail.co.uk.