Вход на сайт

Просмотр новости

Найдите то, что Вас интересует

Ryan Garcia opens up on drugs ban and retirement from boxing... as troubled fighter hints again at UFC move

Дата публикации: 23-06-2024 15:43:47

Garcia recently reached a settlement with the New York State Athletic Commission, after testing positive for the banned substance ostarine in tests taken before the fight on April 20.

Основное содержимое страницы с новостью.

By DANIEL MATTHEWS, US SENIOR SPORTS WRITER

Published: 11:33 EDT, 23 June 2024 | Updated: 11:43 EDT, 23 June 2024

Ryan Garcia insists he will return to boxing next year - after a brief 'retirement' in protest at his 12-month ban for doping.

The troubled boxer has again hinted at a move into the UFC in the wake of the scandal that followed his fight with Devin Haney.

Garcia recently reached a settlement with the New York State Athletic Commission, after testing positive for the banned substance ostarine in tests taken before the fight on April 20.

He will serve a one-year suspension, forfeit his $1.2million contract purse and pay a $10,000 fine, while his victory over Haney will also be officially changed to a no-contest.

Garcia, who has maintained that he was a victim of 'contamination', recently claimed he was retiring from boxing. 

Ryan Garcia insists he will return to boxing next year - after a brief 'retirement' in protest 

Garcia tested positive for banned substance ostarine after his win over Devin Haney in April

But the 25-year-old now claims he is taking a break - to ensure his fate is out of the hands of the authorities. 

'I'm retiring for a year. So they don't get the (satisfaction) for suspending me cause it's bull. I never took steroids in my life. They can all suck weiners,' he told TMZ

'It does (hurt). (Devin's) a "b", and his daddy's a "b".'

The troubled boxer worried fans in the leadup to the fight with a series of disturbing social media posts and was recently arrested for felony vandalism in Beverly Hills.

Garcia has also previously hinted at a move into MMA and he called out UFC fighter Sean O'Malley, proposing a fight in the Octagon - or a bare-knuckle contest.

'I like "Suga" because he defended me,' Garcia continued. 'But if he really wants to run it in the UFC, I'll run it. Or bare knuckle. S***, I'm ready to fight anyone at this point.'

Схожие новости

#Наименование новостиТональностьИнформативностьДата публикации
1Ryan Garcia punishment revealed as troubled boxer 'settles doping scandal' after failed tests from Devin Haney win08.2220-06-2024
2Ryan Garcia PED scandal takes new twist as 'results are revealed after more testing for a SECOND steroid'09.0308-05-2024
3What is Ostarine? The PED Ryan Garcia tested positive for after fight with Devin Haney known for its therapeutic and muscle building properties05.5502-05-2024
4Ryan Garcia's B sample comes back POSTIVE for Ostarine as PED scandal takes another twist after Devin Haney win as controversial boxer hits back06.8923-05-2024
5Ryan Garcia parties with mystery woman in Las Vegas after failed drug tests... before performing on stage at Zouk Nightclub08.8304-05-2024
6Watch as Ryan Garcia tries his hand at STAND-UP COMEDY with excruciating routine following his doping ban011.8223-06-2024
7Jake Paul confronts Ryan Garcia over his failed drug tests as he tells boxer he'll be 'p****d off' with him if he knowingly took PEDs010.404-05-2024
8Ryan Garcia claims Drake 'killed' fellow rapper XXXTentacion in latest bizarre rant after being banned from boxing for a year in wake of failed drugs test08.4321-06-2024
9Ryan Garcia calls out Conor McGregor for 'bare knuckle' fight after MMA star told him: 'Get your head together or kill yourself'09.5603-05-2024
10Ryan Garcia claims he was 'high as f***' - NOT on steroids - during Devin Haney win... as boxer requests B-sample is analyzed after testing positive for PED09.608-05-2024

Классификация: Спорт. Схожих патентов: 0. Схожих новостей: 10. Тональность: 0. Информативность: 10.31. Источник: www.dailymail.co.uk.