Вход на сайт

Просмотр новости

Найдите то, что Вас интересует

Osun: Police launch manhunt over killing of 60-yr-old man

Дата публикации: 19-08-2026 22:25:56

The Police Command in Osun has confirmed the killing of a 60-year-old man, Tajudeen Yusuf, by suspected hoodlums on Wednesday in Osogbo.
The post Osun: Police launch manhunt over killing of 60-yr-old man appeared first on Vanguard News.


Основное содержимое страницы с новостью.

The Police Command in Osun has confirmed the killing of a 60-year-old man, Tajudeen Yusuf, by suspected hoodlums on Wednesday in Osogbo.

The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Abiodun Ojelabi, confirmed the incident in a statement on Wednesday.

Ojelabi said the incident occurred around Ita-Olokan area of Osogbo at about 4 p.m., shortly after Gov. Ademola Adeleke visited the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Olanipekun, at his palace.

He said preliminary investigation revealed that Adeleke, accompanied by his nephew, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, had earlier paid a courtesy visit to the traditional ruler.

“Immediately after the visit, one Adebayo Taoreed, popularly known as ‘Small Rugged’, an ex-convict, cultist and suspected notorious thug, attempted to gain access to Davido but was resisted by members of his security team.

“The ensuing confrontation reportedly attracted other suspected gang members in the vicinity.

“The suspects temporarily blocked the entrance to the palace and obstructed movement before the governor’s convoy eventually left the area safely.

“Shortly afterwards, the suspected gang members reportedly departed the vicinity, and while on their way, they allegedly shot the victim dead,” he said.

Ojelabi said a police patrol team was mobilised to the scene, where the victim was found lying in a pool of blood.

He said the victim was rushed to the University Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, where he was pronounced dead.

The police spokesperson said the command had commenced a full-scale investigation into the incident and intensified efforts to identify, apprehend and bring the fleeing suspects to justice.

He said the Commissioner of Police, CP Samuel Etaifo, condemned the act and assured members of the public that the command would deploy all available resources to apprehend those responsible.

Etaifo urged anyone with useful information that could assist the investigation to approach the nearest police station or contact the command through its official channels.

(NAN)

Схожие новости

#Наименование новостиТональностьИнформативностьДата публикации
1One killed as Davido’s security details, thugs clash at palace07.2219-08-2026
2Osun and the Demons of Our Doomed Democracy, by Ugoji Egubjo05.0515-08-2026
3Osun Election Live Updates: INEC declares Adeleke winner of Osun governorship election08.0615-08-2026
4I support APC’s decision to review Osun election – Oyebamiji04.8518-08-2026
5Osun election: FUOYE debunks report of VC Ogunwole’s arrest08.1319-08-2026
6Osun poll: APC claims internal wrangling caused defeat — Says party took Adeleke for granted07.6518-08-2026
7ADC blames Tinubu for Fadahunsi’s ‘kill Accord members’ remark06.9413-08-2026
8I’ve instructed Osun Attorney-General to drop suit against EFCC — Adeleke08.6117-08-2026
9Full list: 19 Osun LGs where Adeleke won governorship election010.2716-08-2026
10Triumph against tyranny: Dickson, Keyamo, Murray-Bruce, Dino, Rhodes-Vivour congratulate Adeleke010.7316-08-2026

Классификация: Происшествия. Схожих патентов: 0. Схожих новостей: 10. Тональность: 0. Информативность: 4.26. Источник: www.vanguardngr.com.