Вход на сайт

Просмотр новости

Найдите то, что Вас интересует

Democratic Republic of Congo's Ebola outbreak is now the deadliest in its history

Дата публикации: 17-08-2026 08:45:08

It has become official, the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has become the deadliest in its history, as the death toll has now hit a total of 2,325 people, which eclipses the death toll of the former outbreak that affected the African country in 2018-2020.
As per BBC News, the outbreak is also regarded as the fastest-growing Ebola outbreak in history, with a death being averaged every 30 minutes, according to the United Nations' humanitarian chief, Tom Fletcher.
This news comes after it was previously confirmed the DRC outbreak had the largest number of first month cases out of any outbreak in the region. While vaccines are actively being developed, including by the United Kingdom, there is not yet an approved option for the Bundibugyo strain causing the epidemic, meaning confirmed cases and deaths will continue to rise.
It's also noted the total number of confirmed cases has hit 4,945, including with a further 101 cases identified in the last 24 hours, and for those concerned this outbreak will lead to another Covid-level pandemic, the disease hasn't yet managed to make much of an impact outside of the DRC, as even in the neighbouring Uganda, only 20 cases had been reported as of August 12.
<bild></bild>

Основное содержимое страницы с новостью.

It has become official, the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has become the deadliest in its history, as the death toll has now hit a total of 2,325 people, which eclipses the death toll of the former outbreak that affected the African country in 2018-2020.

As per BBC News, the outbreak is also regarded as the fastest-growing Ebola outbreak in history, with a death being averaged every 30 minutes, according to the United Nations' humanitarian chief, Tom Fletcher.

This news comes after it was previously confirmed the DRC outbreak had the largest number of first month cases out of any outbreak in the region. While vaccines are actively being developed, including by the United Kingdom, there is not yet an approved option for the Bundibugyo strain causing the epidemic, meaning confirmed cases and deaths will continue to rise.

It's also noted the total number of confirmed cases has hit 4,945, including with a further 101 cases identified in the last 24 hours, and for those concerned this outbreak will lead to another Covid-level pandemic, the disease hasn't yet managed to make much of an impact outside of the DRC, as even in the neighbouring Uganda, only 20 cases had been reported as of August 12.

Democratic Republic of Congo's Ebola outbreak is now the deadliest in its history
Shutterstock / Motortion Films

Схожие новости

#Наименование новостиТональностьИнформативностьДата публикации
1Ebola outbreak reaches grim new record013.5818-08-2026
2Congo says 2,000 people have died in history's fastest-growing Ebola outbreak011.8311-08-2026
3Congo says 2,000 people have died in history's fastest-growing Ebola outbreak011.8311-08-2026
4Congo says 2,000 people have died in history's fastest-growing Ebola outbreak011.8311-08-2026
5Ebola kills 1,700 in eastern Congo as the fastest-growing outbreak surges012.2804-08-2026
6Congo's Ebola outbreak has killed over 1,000 people08.4923-07-2026
7 Congo says 2,000 people have died in Ebola outbreak, the fastest growing on record014.4911-08-2026
8Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in DR Congo’s history05.8217-08-2026
9Ebola en RDC : l’épidémie devient la plus meurtrière de l’histoire du pays en seulement trois mois019.4117-08-2026
10La RD del Congo supera la barrera de los 1.000 muertos confirmados por el brote de ébola09.123-07-2026

Классификация: . Схожих патентов: 0. Схожих новостей: 10. Тональность: 0. Информативность: 5.12. Источник: www.gamereactor.eu.