Вход на сайт

Просмотр новости

Найдите то, что Вас интересует

Man attacked at Strip restaurant awarded $56.5M by Clark County jury

Дата публикации: 12-08-2026 02:07:37

A man who says he was beaten to the ground and knocked unconscious at a Las Vegas Strip restaurant five years ago was awarded $56.5 million by a Clark County jury last week.

Основное содержимое страницы с новостью.

/ Las Vegas Review-Journal

August 11, 2026 - 7:07 pm

A Clark County jury awarded $56.5 million last week to a man who says he was beaten to the ground and knocked unconscious at a Las Vegas Strip restaurant five years ago.

Omar Alrabadi alleged in a 2023 lawsuit that he was attacked by two men in July 2021 at Chayo Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar and outside the restaurant, located inside The Linq Promenade.

Alrabadi’s attorneys say he was honorably discharged from the U.S. Navy following the attack due to traumatic brain injuries he suffered. Alrabadi was also forced to abandon his engineering studies, his attorneys said.

“Omar Alrabadi walked into a Caesars property as a paying guest and was handed to the men who nearly killed him,” his attorney, Kimball Jones, said in a statement. “The jury saw what happened, and it held the people responsible accountable. No amount of money gives Omar back the future that was taken from him.”

The parties named in the suit included Caesars Entertainment and Chayo Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar and its respective parent companies.

Alrabadi alleged that a worker put him in “harm’s way” and “incited a brawl” by pushing him toward the two men before he walked away, according to the complaint. The men chased Alrabadi through the Linq Promenade to continue their attack.

Nearby security employees and other Caesars and Chayo employees did nothing to stop the men from attacking Alrabadi and instead helped other customers, according to the suit. When police arrived about 14 minutes after the altercation between the men and Alrabadi, all of Chayo’s security guards and Caesars’ employees denied that the altercation took place “in an effort to protect” the men who attacked him, the suit alleged.

Alrabadi’s attorneys argued that both Chayo and Caesars bear some responsibility for the attack because they failed in their duty to protect Alrabadi from violence that caused his injuries.

Caesars and Chayo “negligently and carelessly owned, operated, maintained and controlled (Chayo Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar and LINQ Promenade) to inflict bodily harm on, thereby making (the properties) hazardous and dangerous places,” the lawsuit alleged.

The jury later assigned no fault to Alrabadi for the attack, rejecting defendants’ efforts to blame him, according to court documents and Alrabadi’s attorneys.

Caesars Entertainment, which is poised to pay Alrabadi more than $28.2 million under the terms of the Friday verdict, did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

Attempts to reach Chayo Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar were also unsuccessful. The restaurant is poised to pay Alrabadi the remaining half of the verdict.

Because of an editing error, a previous version of this story contained incorrect descriptions of how the case was resolved.

Contact Lucas Hellberg at lhellberg@reviewjournal.com.

Схожие новости

#Наименование новостиТональностьИнформативностьДата публикации
1French restaurant on the Strip settles $2M sexual harassment, retaliation lawsuit05.8515-07-2026
2Петербуржец отсудил у дорожного предприятия 500 тыс. рублей за падение на тротуаре0006-03-2019
3Суд отказал пострадавшим от банды Цапка во взыскании 130 млн рублей с его вдовы0004-10-2018
4Man reports being hit by car, robbed while walking in Youngstown05.5314-08-2026
5Суд вынес приговор пилоту вертолета, разбившегося в Сочи в 2016 году0010-06-2021
6Более 1 млн рублей украли у посетителя в одном из ресторанов в центре Москвы0018-07-2019
7Мужчина отсудил компенсацию у девушки, ударившей его из-за еды на свадьбе010.3816-08-2026
8В Москве на улице избили мужчину и похитили у него более 1 млн рублей0025-07-2019
9Суд постановил выплатить студенту из Воронежа 1 млн рублей компенсации за издевательства0024-05-2021
10Strip gaming win in May was 8th-best month in state history0829-06-2026

Классификация: . Схожих патентов: 0. Схожих новостей: 10. Тональность: 0. Информативность: 6.94. Источник: www.reviewjournal.com.