Вход на сайт

Просмотр новости

Найдите то, что Вас интересует

(LEAD) N. Korea's state media silent on Thursday's missile launch

Дата публикации: 07-08-2026 02:53:57

SEOUL, Aug. 7 (Yonhap) -- North Korea on Friday did not report on its launch of ...

Основное содержимое страницы с новостью.

(ATTN: ADDS unification ministry's comments in last 2 paras)

SEOUL, Aug. 7 (Yonhap) -- North Korea on Friday did not report on its launch of a short-range ballistic missile from the previous day, a departure from its usual practice of announcing such launches the following morning.

The Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) and the Rodong Sinmun, the most widely read newspaper in the country, had made no mention of the launch as of 8 a.m.

But this was not without precedent, as Pyongyang has previously withheld reports on launches it considers minor or lacking propaganda value.

South Korea's military detected the missile launch from North Korea's eastern coastal city of Wonsan at around 5 p.m. It did not disclose the missile's flight distance and other details.

The launch came ahead of the Ulchi Freedom Shield, an annual South Korea-U.S. military exercise that Pyongyang has decried as a rehearsal for invasion.

The North last tested a tactical ballistic missile, along with new multiple rocket launchers and other weapons, on June 25. Thursday's launch was the North's 10th this year.

The unification ministry said there have been "several cases" in which North Korea did not report on missile launches.

"We do not consider it a case of particular concern, but we will refrain from prejudging North Korea's intentions and continue to watch the situation closely," Chang Yoon-jeong, deputy spokesperson at the ministry, said at a regular briefing.

North Korean leader Kim Jong-un (C) walks with military officials as he observes the Hwasong-11 Ra surface-to-surface tactical ballistic missile being test-fired at an unspecified location on April 19, 2026, to verify the characteristics and power of a cluster bomb warhead and fragmentation mine warhead applied to the tactical ballistic missile, in this file photo released by the North's official Korean Central News Agency the next day. (For Use Only in the Republic of Korea. No Redistribution) (Yonhap)

North Korean leader Kim Jong-un (C) walks with military officials as he observes the Hwasong-11 Ra surface-to-surface tactical ballistic missile being test-fired at an unspecified location on April 19, 2026, to verify the characteristics and power of a cluster bomb warhead and fragmentation mine warhead applied to the tactical ballistic missile, in this file photo released by the North's official Korean Central News Agency the next day. (For Use Only in the Republic of Korea. No Redistribution) (Yonhap)

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr
(END)

Схожие новости

#Наименование новостиТональностьИнформативностьДата публикации
1N. Korea's state media silent on Thursday's missile launch011.2606-08-2026
2N. Korea again skips missile launch report013.6112-08-2026
3(LEAD) N. Korea fires short-range ballistic missile toward East Sea: military018.306-08-2026
4(4th LD) N. Korea conducts another missile launch ahead of key S. Korea-U.S. military drills015.0912-08-2026
5(LEAD) N. Korea's Wed. rebuke marks its 1st official stance on Seoul's nuclear submarine push: official011.8213-08-2026
6(LEAD) N. Korea warns of 'new level of deterrent' ahead of key S. Korea-U.S. military drills014.114-08-2026
7(2nd LD) N. Korea fires 1 ballistic missile toward East Sea: S. Korean military012.6111-08-2026
8(3rd LD) N. Korea conducts another missile launch ahead of key S. Korea-U.S. military drills015.0912-08-2026
9N. Korea silent on Lee's proposal for dialogue to officially end Korean War010.4116-08-2026
10(LEAD) N. Korea vows to secure 'unparalleled' retaliatory capability over S. Korea's nuclear submarine push012.7412-08-2026

Классификация: Международные. Схожих патентов: 0. Схожих новостей: 10. Тональность: 0. Информативность: 11.23. Источник: en.yna.co.kr.