Вход на сайт

Просмотр новости

Найдите то, что Вас интересует

Fans outraged as John Barrowman returns to TV on All Star Musicals despite Torchwood flashing claims

Дата публикации: 04-04-2022 08:20:00

Barrowman issued an apology in May after responding to historical claims of 'inappropriate behaviour' on the set of BBC drama Torchwood.

Основное содержимое страницы с новостью.

'Why is he still getting work?': Fans outraged as John Barrowman returns to ITV for All Star Musicals despite exposing himself on Doctor Who set
  • Barrowman issued an apology in May after responding to historical claims of 'inappropriate behaviour' on set  
  • The admission led to him being dropped from popular mainstream show Dancing On Ice, where he served as judge
  • He admitted to historic 'tomfoolery' and exposing himself on the sets of Doctor Who and Torchwood in a shock revelation
  • See more Daily Mail on Google - save us as a Preferred Source

By JONATHAN ROSE FOR MAILONLINE

Published: 15:25 EDT, 3 April 2022 | Updated: 04:20 EDT, 4 April 2022

Fans were left outraged as John Barrowman returned to television on Sunday night for ITV's All Star Musicals despite Doctor Who flashing claims. 

Barrowman issued an apology in May after responding to historical claims of 'inappropriate behaviour' on the set of BBC drama Torchwood, an admission that led to him being dropped from popular mainstream show Dancing On Ice

But the West End star, 55, returned to ITV for the all-singing all-dancing extravaganza prompting a mixed response from viewers.

Back in the spotlight: Fans were left outraged on Sunday night as John Barrowman returned to television on All Star Musicals despite Doctor Who flashing claims

Taking to Twitter, one outraged license payer wrote: 'Why is John Barrowman still getting work?! Absolutely will not be watching.'

Another quipped: 'Hopefully Barrowman will be keeping his boys in the barracks tonight.'  

A third said: 'You’re seriously telling me they couldn’t find a new host. Disgusted.' 

Controversy: Barrowman issued an apology in May after responding to historical claims of 'inappropriate behaviour' on the set of BBC drama Torchwood

Reaction: But the West End star, 55, returned to ITV for the all-singing all-dancing extravaganza prompting a mixed response from viewers

In November, Barrowman - who has been replaced by Oti Mabuse on Dancing On Ice - insisted the controversy surrounding his past antics was 'exaggerated' as he gave his first interview since being sacked. 

Speaking in an interview with Lorraine, he said: 'All the people that are making the fuss about it, they weren’t there, they don’t know the context of things that were done.'

Barrowman described his past actions as 'silly behaviour' and insisted that he would 'never do it now' after previously admitting to 'tomfoolery' on the sets of Doctor Who, where he began playing Captain Jack Harkness in 2005 and spin-off series Torchwood a year later. 

Speaking out: In November, Barrowman insisted the controversy surrounding his past antics was 'exaggerated' as he gave his first interview since being sacked

He explained: 'I think that if it was now, it would be crossing the line. I think that something that happened 15 years ago, it was bawdy behaviour, silly behaviour, it was being done in the confines of the set, and we were like a family, working together.

'The fact that it was stories that I’ve already told. I’ve been telling them for years. I haven’t hidden anything, they’ve been exaggerated, and they’ve tried to turn them into sexual harassment which it absolutely is not.'

He added: 'The one thing for me, all the people that are making the fuss about it, they weren’t there, they don’t know the context of things that were done. The continued bashing is not good. We've moved on.

'Like I said, I would never do it now but what we’re not allowing people and myself to do… we’re not allowing people to learn to adapt and to change, and that’s the most important thing.'

Accusations: The actor has been accused of flashing on the set of Doctor Who and its spin-off show, Torchwood (pictured: Barrowman on the set of Doctor Who in 2007)

Схожие новости

#Наименование новостиТональностьИнформативностьДата публикации
1ITV suffers backlash as John Barrowman returns for All Star Musicals07.7129-12-2021
2ITV 'puts All Star Musicals on pause' - after fans were left outraged at John Barrowman's TV return010.7424-06-2023
3'It wasn't sexual harassment': John Barrowman defends himself over Doctor Who flashing claims010.8922-02-2022
4John Barrowman beams as he leaves his London hotel after making ITV return07.507-04-2022
5John Barrowman's comeback from hell: How the Doctor Who star's attempts to relaunch his career have fallen flat after leaving SAS instructors 'disgusted' with short-lived stint07.824-09-2024
6John Barrowman insists he has no regrets over his naked antics on set that killed his career010.9113-03-2025
7John Barrowman cancels his 2023 UK tour due to poor ticket sales and vows to 'stop and re-evaluate'015.6922-12-2022
8John Barrowman will take to the road for a string of live gigs after his 32-minute SAS stint - despite hopes the show would launch his TV comeback after 'flashing' scandal08.4423-09-2024
9John Barrowman branded 'disgraceful' after boasting about getting cinema refund08.6426-07-2021
10John Barrowman is 'MISSING from All Star Musicals At Christmas trailer' despite being host07.8627-12-2021

Классификация: Культура. Схожих патентов: 0. Схожих новостей: 10. Тональность: 0. Информативность: 7.02. Источник: www.dailymail.co.uk.