Вход на сайт

Просмотр новости

Найдите то, что Вас интересует

John Barrowman forced to 'give away' tickets to his tour as he attempts to relaunch his career after failed Celebrity SAS stint

Дата публикации: 23-01-2025 21:24:30

The actor, 57, is set to embark on a tour of the UK, which was tipped as 'an intimate look at John's life and career in song.'

Основное содержимое страницы с новостью.

John Barrowman is reportedly 'giving away' tickets to his tour as he attempts to relaunch his career after his failed Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins stint.

The actor, 57, is set to embark on a tour of the UK, which was tipped as 'an intimate look at John's life and career in song.'

The tour titled, Laid Bare, kicked off in Basildon on October 11, and will continue to a string of other cities in February and March, including Weston-Super-Mare, Swansea and Aberdeen.

His plans were revealed after his appearance on the gruelling reality show was branded 'pathetic' by viewers when he withdrew from the challenge after 32 minutes.

It's was the latest in a series of setbacks for John as he attempted to kickstart his career again after suffering backlash over historic accusations that he exposed himself on the Doctor Who set. 

Now, it has been revealed that venues are just charging an access fee which covers 'reasonable costs of providing access to the tickets and administering the booking website', not the ticket price, according to The Sun

John Barrowman is reportedly 'giving away' tickets to his tour as he attempts to relaunch his career after his failed Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins stint (pictured in November 2021)

The actor's plans were revealed after his appearance on the gruelling reality show was branded 'pathetic' by viewers when he withdrew from the challenge after 32 minutes. 

Ticket prices were previously listed as £42, £37 and £32 with 18 of the 310 seats sold for his show at Tunbridge Wells Assembly Halls Theatre in two weeks time. 

MailOnline has contacted John's representative for comment.  

John first announced plans to head back on tour on Instagram in March, telling his followers: 'From the theatre to television, from the TARDIS to Torchwood, Anything Goes to Arrow and the UK to the USA, I'll share tales straight from the horses mouth.

'Stories and the gossip all happening around my heartfelt renditions of some of your favourite songs from my albums.'

John has also been a fixture at Comic Con events for years, and took to the stage at Oz Comic Con in Sydney over the weekend, and he's set to appear at Comic Con Liverpool in November.

The star had hoped to kickstart his comeback when he joined the lineup for Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins.

But when the first episode hit screens on Sunday, it was revealed that John quit the show just 32 minutes after arriving at base camp, and was seen vomiting before throwing in the towel.

In an interview with The Sun, John claimed his sickness was a result of being 'made' to eat 'vile tofu' after being offered no other food.

John, who is not a vegetarian or vegan, said: 'I would never eat tofu in my life, but you're so hungry, you just eat it'.  

The tour titled, Laid Bare, was tipped as 'an intimate look at John's life and career in song'

Now, it has been revealed that venues are just charging an access fee and not the ticket price, according to The Sun 

The motion sickness sufferer was then forced to endure a two-hour car journey for the task, leaving him green around the gills.  

He said: 'Then it was projectile vomit everywhere and the tofu came up. I thought "I'm not going to make myself ill or hurt myself in order to try to prove something that I don't need to prove"'.

'And it was seriously me going "I am completely comfortable with who I am" I'm completely a happy person. We've all got our issues and problems, but I've made a mistake'.

John, who opened up about the flashing allegations he faced in 2021 that led to his axe from the DOI judging panel while on the show, began to vomit shortly after arriving at base camp for the first challenge. 

During the episode, John addressed the accusations that he had repeatedly exposed himself on the set of the BBC One sci-fi series Doctor Who and its sister show Torchwood.

He said: 'The press made the allegation that I was going around putting my d**k on everybody's shoulders.

'Having that happen to me ruined me, but this course is going to help me push through this and I want people to see the kind of person that I really am.' 

He later added: 'On Doctor Who and Torchwood, I had to do a lot of nude scenes. If I were being stupid, I would do something stupid.'

John previously revealed that he contemplated suicide after being accused of flashing cast members on the sets of Doctor Who

He said his world came crashing down and his career in TV came to a standstill after the claims emerged in 2021. 

John, who is set to star in the upcoming series of Celebrity SAS after a long hiatus from screens, said he spiralled into a deep depression, so bad he contemplated suicide. 

'I had thoughts of suicide, going out and trying to do certain things and harm myself, and a couple of times debating how I was going to kill myself. The thing was I couldn’t do it because of my family and friends,' John told The Mirror

John issued a public apology in May 2021 after the claims emerged he had flashed cast members on the sets of Doctor Who, where he began playing Captain Jack Harkness in 2005 and spin-off series Torchwood a year later.

The actor described his actions as 'tomfoolery' that he'd 'never do now', but slammed critics, who he said sought to portray his actions as 'sexual harassment'. 

He was later dropped from Dancing On Ice after pressure from figures including the Tory MP Alec Shelbrooke, who said it would be wrong to include him on a 'family show' as this could be soon as 'condoning' his past behaviour.

The Doctor Who star had been tipped to relaunch his TV career with an appearance on the gruelling reality show, but was branded 'pathetic' by viewers after opting to withdraw

John quit Celebrity SAS after just 32 minutes at base camp , and was seen vomiting before throwing in the towel

Despite being sacked from Dancing On Ice, John controversially still appeared on All Star Musicals, another ITV show. He was also forced to cancel his Centre Stage tour due to poor ticket sales.  

He said: 'Something that was a stupid prank that was done amongst cast members and who the cast members never complained, never said anything about, but a narrative was created that apparently I was going around and throwing my c**k on people’s shoulders, which was not true.

'We had pranks, but they were amongst the company members and we all laughed and had fun. I was being, in a sense, publicly punished and humiliated for those things and also being cancelled.' 

John said it made him devastated to be called a 'sexual harasser' and insisted he 'would never do anything to harm a woman or a man or anybody, transgender, you name it'.

Схожие новости

#Наименование новостиТональностьИнформативностьДата публикации
1John Barrowman will take to the road for a string of live gigs after his 32-minute SAS stint - despite hopes the show would launch his TV comeback after 'flashing' scandal08.4423-09-2024
2John Barrowman insists he has no regrets after quitting Celebrity SAS within minutes - and reveals battle with show bosses on Channel 4 set012.124-09-2024
3From performing for the King and Queen to giving away tour tickets for FREE: How John Barrowman's career went into free-fall amid 'industry blackballing' after flashing allegations011.1426-01-2025
4John Barrowman 'poised for ITV comeback as bosses give him second chance with All Star Musicals gig'011.7621-07-2021
5John Barrowman cancels his 2023 UK tour due to poor ticket sales and vows to 'stop and re-evaluate'015.6922-12-2022
6John Barrowman's comeback from hell: How the Doctor Who star's attempts to relaunch his career have fallen flat after leaving SAS instructors 'disgusted' with short-lived stint07.824-09-2024
7John Barrowman pulls out of Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs pantomime to focus on tour08.407-06-2021
8John Barrowman shares behind-the-scenes clip of himself admitting he's 'thrown up with nerves' ahead of Celebrity SAS stint - before abruptly quitting the show after just 32 minutes014.7223-09-2024
9Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins contestant John Barrowman is branded 'pathetic' by viewers as he vomits and quits the show just 32 MINUTES after arriving at base camp011.1823-09-2024
10John Barrowman beams as he leaves his London hotel after making ITV return07.507-04-2022

Классификация: Культура. Схожих патентов: 0. Схожих новостей: 10. Тональность: 0. Информативность: 8.71. Источник: www.dailymail.co.uk.